Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Sweatin' to the Oldies

What makes a sandwich poorly-made?  Do you mean that it falls apart, or that the ingredients are not enticing?  There's a sandwich that I like from Cosi that has hummus and veggies in it, but by the time you're almost done eating it, most of the hummus has plopped out of the back of the sandwich.  I don't know if that is preventable, though.  It would have to be a pita pocket, I suppose.

The microwave hole in the wall has been filled.  With a microwave!  Yay!  Chris' parents came last weekend and did all sorts of house-items, so we're a little more set up now.  It's nice.  They even drilled hole in the floor so that the water/ice dispenser on the fridge could actually be connected to water.  I'm not clear on why the previous owners bought a water and ice-dispensing refrigerator without seeming to have any intention of hooking it up to anything.  They had some pretty stupid taste in light switch covers, though, so who knows.

How are there mean girls that are 5?  Surely they don't get really mean until middle school?  UGH!  Remind me not to be a kid.  I loved that video of Scarlett getting tackled on that superhero run.  What was happening?  Where did that kid come from?  Why??

Your office sounds AMAZING!  Don't you have Killer Queen too?  That and foosball sounds like my dream job.  (Except for the doing whatever it is you do for work.)  You may recall that I am amazing at foosball.  Maybe not anymore.  It's been a while.  The old wrists are out of shape.  

I ran at the gym today.  Why do people enjoy this?  It is awful!  Every minute of it is torture!  I usually do group classes, but I hurt my neck a few days ago, so I decided to do something that would involve me only looking forward.  I brought a little list of interval changes, one of the benefits of which is supposed to be "so you don't get bored."  People must have very dull lives if they think that pushing an arrow button up or down every few minutes while you sweat and suffer is a diverting activity.  People like it though.  I know they do.  As you say, people also vote for Trump.  I won't truly compare the two, though, because running actually is good for you.  

Proof that I am old now:  I just had to look through my trash can for a wrapper because I couldn't remember if I'd eaten my Viactiv calcium chew yet today.  (I had not.)



No comments:

Post a Comment