Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Dumpsgiving

Oh, hi.  Remember me?  Sometimes I write a blog at you.  Usually I don't.  Now I am.

What are you doing for Thanksgiving?  We're having a small gathering at our house.  I think there will be six of us total.  Chris loves hosting Thanksgiving.  I've never been much of a Thanksgiving gal, myself.  I like the concept of course.  I think it's the food, mostly.  Turkey is, you know - fine.  Even the best goddamn turkey ever is just very fine.  Mashed potatoes are pretty good.  I do love stuffing.  I hate pie.  Squash is gross. 

Here is what a Tristansgiving menu would look like:

One million assorted appetizers
Filet Mignon
Scallops
Some sort of steamed vegetable medley - brocolli, cauliflower, carrots, peapods
Corn on the Cob
Delicious flaky biscuits/rolls
Chocolate cake with chocolate icing
Champagne

What would be served at Jeffsgiving?

I bummed because I got this awesome book on Teddy Roosevelt out from the library, and it is super-fat, and now I have to return it, but I'm not done.  And I can't renew it, because someone already has it on hold.  Did you know that Teddy was a super runty weakling when he was young, and had really bad asthma?  And that he got diarrhea ALL. THE. TIME.  You've really got to admire the dude's adventurous outdoor spirit when you know that he always had the runs.  I think I'd be a real homebody.

It's also funny to think that I know Teddy Roosevelt pooped all the time.  Wouldn't you hate if in 100 years, someone was sitting on the train/rocket-transit/spacecopter reading about your bowel movements?

No comments:

Post a Comment