Thursday, October 13, 2011

Freak Salad

Yeah, women's clothing sizes are dumb.  They come in vague sizes like 4, 6, 8, etc.  Not even odd ones.  And they vary from store to store.  They are useless.   I am actually not shocked that you like Project Runway.  It's good.  It has people who are creative and talented.  I like shows like that.  So You Think You Can Dance and Top Chef are among these.  For some reason, I can't get behind the singing shows.  Maybe it's because they're just singing other people's songs?  They're not really bringing anything new to the world, so to speak?  I don't know.

I used to watch Dancing with the Stars because I thought it was interesting to watch people that are bad at things learn how to do them.  I haven't been paying close attention for a while, but I saw last week's where Carson is dressed up as a pirate and thought, "Why the Hell am I watching this?  This is insane."  And then I was embarrassed and vowed never to watch again.  I'll still follow your reviews, though.

I have to admit that I didn't know much about Steve Jobs until he died.  I mean, I knew who he was and stuff, but hadn't really attributed so many of his innovations to him.  In fact, the day after his death, I asked Chris why people were making such a big deal out of it.  Not that they shouldn't be sad when people die, but I just didn't get why it was getting so much attention.  And then he filled me in on how Steve Jobs changed the world and whatnot, and I was like, "Oh yeah.  That's totally sad."

I wonder what percentage of Nazis were like, "This is our mission. Ethnic cleansing is important, Hitler's awesome, yadda yadda," and how many were like "Yikes, this kinda sucks.  I don't really like torturing people and being horrible, but I don't know how to get out."  But yes, Nazis suck. 

Somebody in my office building keeps etching swastikas into the elevator walls.  They usually get converted to windows pretty quickly, and then buffed off, but it's so weird that they keep coming back.  It kind of freaks me out to think that a weird Nazi-fan works in my building.

Are there any other shapes are taboo? 

I think the football in Friday Night Lights is pretty good, but obviously you would be a much harsher judge than I.  I was just thinking the other day about how hard it must be to film that stuff without people getting hurt.  I LOVE sports movies.  They always make me cry.  Way more than dramas or romances or anything.  Nothing can squeeze a tear out of me like a good come-from-behind victory.

It's weird that babies can't do things at all.  I get talking and walking and stuff, but grabbing things?  I'm glad I don't remember being a baby.  I feel as though it must have been a very frustrating experience.

So maybe the solution to my rut is to just work on stuff that I don't really care about and then throw it away, and hope that it will spur inspiration for the things that I actually care about. 

What's the Drew podcast about?

So, my lunch totally ruined my afternoon yesterday.  Don't mistake me.  It was delicious.  It was a Greek salad from Cosi.  I'm not one of those people who think that salads are automatically fat-free because they are mostly lettuce.  HOWEVER, when I got back to the office and looked at the nutrition facts online, I was blown away that my salad had 45 GRAMS OF FAT.  Forty-five.  How is that even possible?  Here are the things that were in it:  Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, Onion, Feta, Olives, Vinaigrette.  Now obviously, my culprits are the last three.  But still!  What the Hell was in that dressing?  Clarified Crisco?  Orson Welles' sweat?

No comments:

Post a Comment