Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Women Be Fishing

Oh, man. It's weird how depressing going to a bad game can be.  Even so, I can never leave them early.  I'm totally a wait 'til the last gun is fired kind of gal.

I love Fantasy Football.  It's so fun and exciting!  And it makes me know what's going on in football, which I can't usually be bothered to keep up with, beyond what the Patriots are doing.  And even then, I'm a little shaky sometimes.  I won this week, which was gratifying, because I was matched against Chris, who had been convinced that he would win not only our match-up, but the whole season.  Not under my watch, sir.  Fantasy Football also gives me something to chit-chat about with my physical therapist while he massages my butt. 

You should do stand-up more.  It suits you.

I'm almost kind of glad my stand-up wasn't great, since the concept of the rehearsal was to put us all in the same boat and make the "leaders" as uncomfortable as the other folk.  That being said, I would have preferred to have been awesome.  It did make me realize, though, that if you just make yourself write some material, it's not really that hard.  I'm sure I'd be fine if I practiced a little.

Camping was really great.  And Winston the dog was an excellent camping companion.  We went fishing, which was fun, except for the not catching anything part.  This was all the more frustrating, because we could see these huge rainbow trout, just sitting there in the bottom of the river, chilling out.  I think I actually hit one in the head with my bait at one point.  Those bitches just weren't hungry. 

I don't like coffee either.  Blech.  Though I did drink some while camping.  This is because when you are camping you become strapping and outdoorsy.   Normally if I really need caffeine, I'll be a pretentious coffee orderer and get a "triple grande skinny hazelnut latte."  Then I put three Equal packets in it.  This is no longer coffee.  This is caffeinated liquid candy.  Camping, though, I can drink that shit almost black.  (I put a little milk in.) I think not washing your hands/self while simulatneously touching grosser and dirtier things than usual is inversely related to how much sugar one needs in one's coffee. 
I feel like this whole post is about how I like "manly" things.  Camping, Fishing, Sports, Stand-up Comedy. Maybe I should talk about something girly. 

When I sat back to think about it, I got hungry and reached into my desk for some beef jerky.  This is not working. 

If it helps, the name of my fantasy team is the Tutu Kittens, and the galoshes I wore fishing are pink. 

1 comment:

  1. I must vehemently disagree with the both of you. Coffee is a wonderful thing and probably the most patriotic drink in America. When the Brits raised the tax on tea, our founding fathers and all the rest of the riff raff turned to coffee (and beer, and rum). Every time I drink a cup of coffee I imagine that I am mooning the queen!

    ReplyDelete