Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Bowl Shet

I've heard of this Drynuary (or is it Dryuary?) thing but I've never tried it. Not intentionally, anyway. I'm pretty sure I've gone a month without booze at several points in my life. I just don't drink that much. It's not that I don't like drinking it's just that I never think to do it. Now that I'm a boring dad who lives in the suburbs, I don't go out to bars so my Saturday nights are usually me going, "Hmm. What should I do? Eating this entire bag of chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels seems like a great idea!" So I do that instead. I never think to have a beer with my bag of diabetes.

Also, hangovers are the worst. Especially when you have a 4-year-old who wakes up at 6 a.m. every morning.

Click it or ticket
The picture to the right is of the doughnuts that I strapped into my child's baby seat after your wedding. You know, I do remember your wedding after all. You're husband is a nice man. Your wedding was a nice event. In fact, I liked your wedding so much that it made me want to go back and completely redo my wedding to be more like yours. So, great job, Tanner.

For most people, no dress code makes their lives much easier. Not so for me. Getting dressed in the morning is stressful. When you don't have to wear one specific thing, you can wear ANYTHING. The possibility of anything is paralyzing. For me. I still want to look nice and fashionable but I don't want to dress up so I go back and forth between jeans and hoodies and nicer jeans and sweaters. I still don't feel entirely comfortable wearing my "comfortable" clothes.

We do have Killer Queen in our cafeteria. I haven't played it in a while, though. I've been busy and recently my work buddies have wanted to play Exploding Kittens instead. You should buy this game. I think you would like it. I think you would also like One Night Ultimate Werewolf. No, I know you would like One Night Ultimate Werewolf. This has been Games Corner with Jeff Ford.

I have a cube now but soon I will be getting a different workstation. It's basically a table with wheels and it raises up to become a standing desk. So we'll be more open concept soon. However, I do have three monitors. I love it. I don't know how I ever lived without three monitors for work. It's basically paradise here.

I can never remember how to pronounce "trebuchet" because it's pronounced in such a dumb way. TREB-YOO-SHET? It's that kind of shet that makes life harder than it needs to be.

I had no rooting interest in the Super Bowl. I've never liked the Broncos and I have zero feelings about the Panthers. I guess I'm happy that Manning gets to go out with a Super Bowl win, but it doesn't really mean anything to me. Were you happy that Roger Clemens finally won a World Series with the Yankees? Plus, I've always completely understood why people would hate Peyton Manning. He's deliberately boring and a shill. He's also the wet dream of every old, racist white dude who thinks that showing any kind of joy on the field while PLAYING A GAME is evidence of the downfall of our society.

I'm also the rare Colts fan who doesn't hate Tom Brady. I appreciate that he's arguably the best QB of his era. I feel like Indiana fans should be used to this since we dealt with Jordan wrecking our hopes for the entire '90s.

Did you have a fun Super Bowl party?

No comments:

Post a Comment