Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Stemwear

Oh man! You guys were the Doughnut Fairies! I want more of those doughnuts RIGHT NOW. They were SO GOOD. Their food truck sits outside my office sometimes and I'm so tempted to get one, but I haven't yet.

Also, your story was not boring but I feel like you kinda glossed over the singing, dragon loving, pizza making, Irish polar bear. That feels like the real story. It also seems like a health code violation.

When I started my last job we also had casual Fridays. A few weeks after I started we had an all-employee meeting. The head of HR got up and gave his little HR update. At the end he said this:

HR Guy: One last thing. I'm sorry to say that there will be no more jeans Fridays.
Employees: *surprisingly loud groan and noises of disapproval*
HR Guy: BECAUSE EVERY DAY IS GOING TO BE JEANS DAY!
Employees: *cheers and a goddamn standing ovation*

I think it's funny that he made everyone in the company extremely happy by simply telling them they could wear different pants. No one cared about anything anyone else said for the rest of that meeting.

I don't shop at Express, so I'm not familiar with their naming conventions for their pants. However, I'd be happy to help them with their sexist naming conventions:

Sexist Men's Pants Names:
Doctor (comes in flat-front and pleated styles, can be worn with dress shoes or Crocs)
Construction Worker (cargo pants, natch)
IT Guy (reinforced in the waist to handle the weight of gadgets)

Sexist Women's Pants Names:
Doctor's Stay at Home Wife (yoga pants)
Get Whistled at by the Construction Worker (yoga pants)
Teacher (comfortable fit that will not distract those unruly boys in the class)

Of course, I'd also be happy to help them bring their pants names up to the times:

Progressive Men's Pants Names: 
Stay at Home Dad (sweatpants, but not the trendy tapered kind)
Nurse (same as Doctor)
Pregnancy (yoga pants, but they make dudes with big bellies look slim)

Progressive Women's Pants Names:
Presidential Candidate (unflattering, neutral color slacks)
Sally No-Ride-Up (comfortable fit, but look great in both 1 g and 0 g environments)
Sci-fi/Fantasy Lead (built for activities ranging from combat to receiving the Gilded Staff of Voram)

You didn't miss anything by missing the Super Bowl. It wasn't a very fun game to watch. You missed the missable.

Playing games with improvisers/comedians ruins you for playing games with civilians. However, I'm pretty lucky. My college buddies are all very funny people (I think they're funnier than me) so playing games with them is fun. They're also very smart, so they quickly find the best tricks and strategies which means you have to be on your toes -- which makes it more fun for me. I lucked out with my neighborhood friends, too. They may not be as funny as my comedian friends (nor should they be) but they have a good sense of humor so it's still plenty fun. However, they don't really like games other than poker (the guys, anyway) so I've never really tested their wit with a game like Fibbage.

Dee and I didn't really do anything for Valentine's Day. We haven't since 2008. We celebrate our wedding anniversary instead. I scheduled massages, lunch and we also did some shopping. Scarlett did bring Valentines to school. They were Star Wars themed because she's totally into Star Wars right now. I'm not aware of any rules for the content of the Valentines. We just have to be sure to not provide anything with nuts or sugar. Cheeze-Its are fine though!

Do you use Snapchat? If so, can you explain to me how it works and what it's used for? I feel very old every time I try to use it and I want to understand why it's all the rage with the kids. However, it's not intuitive AT ALL and I'm a guy who prides himself in being able to figure out this kind of stuff.

Have you watched Jessica Jones? I have seen all but the final three episodes. It's fucking intense. And fantastic. Krysten Ritter is so good. She's been great in everything I've seen her in  (Breaking Bad, The B in Apartment 23, Jessica Jones) and I don't know why she's not in everything. Also, she's incredibly sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment