Monday, February 15, 2016

Pizza Pants


We went to Oakwood Tap with a bunch of people after our wedding venue closed, and we still had tons of the doughnuts left, so we brought them for snacks.  (We had guessed two doughnuts per guest, but those things were monsters.) Then when Chris and I walked home (as we were about 4 blocks from our apartment,) we stopped in and got a slice of pizza at Chicago's pizza.  Here is a scene from there with a couple that was eating by the counter:

August 17, 2:30 AM-ish
Girl: (Seeing my dress) Are you guys... coming from somewhere?
Tristan:  Yeah!  We got married today!
Girl: Congratulations!  Wow!  (etc.)
Guy: Are you carrying doughnuts?
Chris: Yeah, they're from Doughnut Vault - we had them instead of cake.
Guy:  That. Is. Amazing.

Then we gave them a couple of chocolate ones, and they were so happy.   

This story seemed more exciting when I started writing it.  Oh well.  It's typed now.  Um, also, there was a polar bear... and he... made the pizza.  And sang a song.  About dragons.  In Ireland.

I think I would take a pretty significant pay-cut to not have a dress code for work.  Figuring out which effing SLACKS to wear every morning always makes me pissy.  And I never even deal with anyone in person - there is no reason for me to be dressed up.  Plus, we have casual Friday.  If it's okay on Friday, shouldn't it be okay on other days?  I still get my work done on Fridays, so clearly the anarchy that ensues from me wearing comfortable pants can't be that overwhelming.


Speaking of dress pants, I was going to ask if you'd ever noticed how the pant-style names at Express are sort of gender-discriminatory (men's = Producer, women's = Columnist, etc.) when I came across this ad on their site.  It made me laugh because there is literally exactly 40% missing off of that pair of pants. 

Also, these jeans are insane.  It looks like she just stole regular pants from a husky early 1990's pre-teen.  So... me, I guess.

In other news, Express is having a sale on pants.  You should go find some casual-nice pants for work.


I WOULD LOVE A STANDING DESK!   Sometimes my hips start really bothering me, and I have to sort of invent a standing desk by stacking shoe-boxes.  A desk for standing would be much better.  And probably less of a fire hazard.  I only have two monitors, but it has completely spoiled me for standard computer usage.  It makes doing things on my laptop at home seem practically impossible.

Oh yes, we own Exploding Kittens.  It is excellent - you're right.  We just played King of Tokyo, which is excellent as well. 

How dare you bring up the Yankees?  Shame on you.

The Super Bowl party was great!  Though, I watched almost none of the game or commercials - we all were just clowning around the whole time, and nobody paid any attention to the game, except to check whose squares won money at the end of each quarter.  Then we played Fibbage, which is the funnest game ever.  It's made by the You Don't Know Jack people.  You would love it.  It's like Balderdash, but easier and super-funny.  Well, it's super-funny if you're playing with funny people, but I don't really know anyone socially who isn't funny, so it hasn't been an issue.

Does being a grown-up suburban man-person mean that you hang out with people that aren't hilarious always?  Is it awful?  Or is it great, because then you're always the cut-up of the group?

How was your Valentine's Day?  SO ROMANTIC?  Chris and I aren't really romance people, but we still took a day of rest and just sort of chilled around the house and made pizza (from scratch, obvi) and played games.  The pizza was round, and not heart-shaped, which is proof that we do not love each other as much as other people do.  Did Scarlett have to bring Valentines to school?  Are there a million restrictions regarding what they can contain/how sexually graphic they are?






No comments:

Post a Comment