Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Grover-Under

Grover Cleveland took a four-year break from being President. So surely we can have a five-year one from blogging.

I just took a one-month break from booze.  The famous Dryuary.  Or is it Drynuary?  Either way, I thought it would be pretty hard, but it totally wasn't.  Yesterday was my first day back on the scene, and I split a bottle of wine with two other people.  So what's that?  A glass and a half?  Then the waiter brought over free shots of bourbon for us, and I had one.  Today I have a hangover.  Awesome.  Welcome back to drinking, me.

I do still live across from Rahm.  It's gotten a little more annoying, in that people like to protest outside of his (and therefore my) house now.  Few are the evenings that are not punctuated with the chant of "Hey hey!  Ho ho!  Rahm Emanuel's got to go!"  Happily, the protesters usually trickle in around 5pm and leave promptly at 7, so it's not a real inconvenience.  Not as inconvenient as being murdered by a policeman, certainly.

I'm not still dating that beer guy, because we are married now.  I have a feeling you know that, because you were there.  And then seat-belted some doughnuts into your backseat for safekeeping, if I remember correctly...  And I do still see Fritz!  Not much changes in the old neighborhood.

I'm glad you still have a child.  For a long time, I would never ask parents that I ran in to how their kids were doing, because I was worried the kids might have died, and it would be upsetting for everyone.  Happily, I've come to learn that most kids tend to stay alive.

Thank you for the helpful graphs.  I like the sound of this new job.  Tell me, what does Jeff, the fanciest man I know, wear to a workplace that has no dress code?  Also, is this the place that has Killer Queen?  I'm glad that it sounds like you still have cubicles.  Fuck those open workspace concepts where everyone just sits at Elementary School cafeteria tables or whatever and tries to get anything done.

I was going to go ahead and make up a mnemonic device for you to learn how to say "trebuchet," and then decided to confirm.  And I am either completely incorrect, or dictionary.com is an idiot.  I almost feel like it's the latter?  They pronounce it TREB-YOO-SHET. This makes no sense to me.  Didn't dictionary.com take French in high school?  I feel like it should be TRAY-BOO-SHAY.

Will you be rooting for the Broncos this weekend due to your former Peyton allegiance?  I feel like if anyone sacks him, he's just going to collapse into a pile of dust and blow away.  In the showers at the gym today, I overheard a couple ladies talking, and was very confused.

Shower Lady 1: What should I make for this Super Bowl Party I'm going to this weekend?
Shower Lady 2: Spinach dip.  
SL 1: I think I will do that, actually.  Or I could be healthy and get a veggie tray.
SL 2: Please.  It's Super Bowl Sunday.
SL 1: We're doing it on Saturday, actually, so all the families can be there.
SL 2: Oh, yeah - that's a great idea!

Is it?  Is it a GREAT IDEA?  What the Hell are they going to watch?  What makes it a Super Bowl party?  I must have been missing some information, but I was utterly baffled.  


No comments:

Post a Comment