Monday, July 18, 2011

American Rye

I agree with your assortment assessment.  There is always one thing that gets eaten last out of every assortment.  Maybe they leave those in the assortment for the same reason that you have to have a few bad days to really enjoy the good ones.  However, wasn't it awesome when Gardetto's came out with the bag of only rye chips?  I can't believe I hadn't seen a situation like this before in my lifetime.  The rye chips are the best part by far and the first time I had a bag of Gardetto's, I thought, "They need to make a bag of only rye chips, but they never will because companies never do awesome things."  Then they actually did that awesome thing.  Any time I see a bag of Gardetto's rye chips I buy them simply to encourage that kind of snack streamlining behavior.  Also because they are delicious.

I'm assuming that you like Gardetto's.  If not, I think you can still appreciate the principle.

I do not like the yellow Starbursts and I can tolerate the orange ones.  However, I don't really like dark chocolate so the plain old Hershey bars go before those when I'm in charge.  I'm weird like that.

I agree that there should be more healthy food options for all people.  I just don't think we should rely on fast food joints to provide those options.  They're too busy worrying about their stock price.  They don't have time to worry about whether their food is killing people.

I live in a bit of a food desert as well.  We have to drive to get to a grocery store.  Everything around us is convenience stores and fast food.  It's depressing.  Our street is littered with chips bags, discarded fried chicken bones and McDonald's bags.

When I first saw Edible Arrangements, I thought they were a good idea.  That's because I think flowers are stupid.  "I love you.  Here's something beautiful.  Now watch them die."  At least you could eat the fruit.  Then I saw how much those things cost.  Way overpriced.  Dee and I have received one before.  We ate it gleefully.  I suppose I should be more angry about overpriced fruit when kids are eating Doritos for lunch.

The other day, Dee was reading Scarlett a book.  At least that's what I thought she was doing.  It was one of those vinyl ones that babies can't destroy if they put it in their mouth.  Anyway, Scarlett is on Dee's lap and Dee is saying, "Worm.  Squirmy worm.  The squirmy worm squirms because it's a worm that squirms.  Squirm, squirmy worm.  Squirm, squirm, squirm.  Worm."  I thought, "Wow, baby books are ridiculous."  When I sat down beside Dee to see for myself, I saw that the page simply contained a picture of a large worm and the word "worm."  This is one reason why I love Dee.

No comments:

Post a Comment