Thursday, July 14, 2011

Honey Bear

If your oatmeal is silo-stored, does that mean it's plain?  Blech.  Do you put anything in it?  I have lots of oatmeal as well, but it comes in packet form.  Maple Brown Sugar.  Yes.  I love when there are meetings in the office, and they cater a healthy breakfast and there's oatmeal with all sorts of yummy nuts and dried fruit and brown sugar to put on it that probably make it the same amount of calories as if they'd just had bagels and cream cheese.

I was wondering yesterday why doughnuts are a breakfast food.  They are fried cake.  How is this a socially accepted meal-replacement?  Even for people that aren't health-conscious.  Now, I warn you.  I do often go on little rants about fast food restaurants having a social responsibility to provide healthy options, and very visible nutrition data for the stuff that isn't, but this isn't one of those tirades.  This is just good old-fashioned confusion.  People woudn't say you should have a cupcake for breakfast.  Why does frying it and having a hole in the middle make sense?   Not that I've never had a cupcake for breakfast.  But I've considered it a deviant act.  If there were a list of Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Dessert foods, cupcake would be dessert and doughnut, breakfast.  WHYYYYY?

I've only had to move desks once, which was when we were moving to a different floor.  So we all go a bunch of those little orange tubs that stack.  This is a great way to move.  Throw shit in as many boxes as you like, put 'em in a pile, and someone else moves everything over the weekend.

There is a chair that sits across from my desk, which is supposedly for guests.  This does not work for two reasons:
1) My gym towel lives on it. 
2) I have two monitors.  The second one would completely eclipse anyone in the chair.

So, yeah.  I just hang up my gym towel between uses.  Is that gross?  Do you wash your towels every time you use them?  I sure don't.  I also have one of those cubicle clips that have the downward-facing pins attached behind my cubicle, from which I hang my sports bra between uses.  I probably should wash this every time, but come on.  I only wear it when I'm sweating, and then I take a shower.  And those things are
expensive.  I can't stock up dozens of them like I do with my socks. 

The snuggie was a gift, but I love it.  My building becomes INCREDIBLY COLD in the summer.  So, not only is the office colder, but my clothes are more lightweight, to make the outdoor portion of my day bearable.  Hence, the snuggie.  I often do wear it backwards, robe-like.  Otherwise, the back of my neck gets cold.  Speaking of washing things, that snuggie could probably use a good tumble in the old Maytag.

Are your work honey bottles shaped like bears?  That might make people like children.  If not, maybe it's just that people become more like bears when they're retrieving honey.  Like, they sit on the floor, and hold the bottle with their feet, and then roll on their backs and pour it on their faces.  That would certainly make a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment