Friday, July 29, 2011

Milk Nose

When I was little, I always used to think of more innocent explanations for things that I didn't understand.  Not so with nursing bras.  I always remember seeing them in fliers for Sears or JC Penney in the newspaper and thinking they were pretty kinky.  Though I didn't know the word kinky.  Actually, I did, but only as it applied to my hair after it had been crimped.  It was the 80's, after all.

Speaking of pregnant boobers, my ex-co-worker uses Facebook to get baby advice from fellow mothers.  While I don't have a problem with the concept, many of the questions and answers really gross me out.  Yesterday, she asked how to get rid of her kid's stuffy nose, since the baby hates that snot-sucker bulb thing.  One person said to squirt breast milk up there.  Straight from the breast.  WHAT. THE. FUCK.  I may have to block her status updates.  Heather, if you're reading this, yeah.  It's you. 

You are awful.  Glee is glorious, and I love it. 

I can go both ways on roller coasters.  I like zoomy barfathons, but I also like riding around in little boats and watching dolls sing.  Speaking of which, I thought Chris' head might explode with the trippy insanity that is the "It's a Small World" ride.

Salads should also be cold, I think.  Otherwise they'd be stew.

I guess we can't paint after all.  The building requires a month's rent deposit in order to do so.  I am very disappointed.  I kept looking at our little paint sample strips and smiling to myself with knowing satisfaction like I imagine pregnant ladies do when they pet their bellies.  Now I will hate our walls for as long as we live there, even though I never would have thought about painting if Chris hadn't suggested it and made us go to Home Depot the other day. 

You're not really colorblind, are you?  I am fascinated with color blindness. 

Do you and Dee call each other "Mom" and "Dad" yet?  Do you think you will when Scarlett gets older and you refer to each other?  It's kind of weird, no?

1 comment:

  1. What about German potato salad? It is supposed to be served warm.

    ReplyDelete