Tuesday, July 5, 2011

No Soliciting, Asshole


My parents were not hippies but they were also not big movie fans.  Plus, they never let us watch anything worse than E.T.  That's not entirely true.  I saw Top Gun in theaters but that was only because it was about airplanes and my dad loved airplanes.  So I got to see a totally not gay Tom Cruise make out with a totally gay Kelly McGillis.  I never really got into pop music either.  I just listened to whatever my friends played at their house.  In fact, there was so little pop music in my house that when I needed a record album for an art project (we were to redesign the cover), the best I could do was an Up With People album.  When they displayed everyone's artwork, mine was displayed between a Ratt album and a Mötley Crüe album.  I signed my artwork with the smallest signature possible.  I may have even intentionally misspelled my name.

I did know that Chris is starting a brewery.  That sounds completely overwhelming.  What is he calling it?  Does he have a website that we can slyly plug on this site?  I should probably taste his beer first, though.  Screw that, I'm sure it's awesome.

I was enraged by the candy bar because he sent it with a note that read, "You're worth more than $100,000."  I had just been in his office working on a major project during which he was nothing but a pain in my ass.  I guess I should have returned the envelope with a hole cut in the bottom and written on it, "You were completely worthless."  Instead I just fumed about it for two years.  That makes me the bigger man, right?

Your living situation sounds a lot like my living situation just before Dee and I moved into our condo.  She lived with me and Jason for a month, then Jason moved out and it was just me and Dee for a month.  I guess your living situation wasn't just like my living situation, it was more like Dee's living situation.

Ugh.  There is absolutely zero reason to film anything with an iPad.  I just got an iPad and the camera on that thing is shitty in well-lit situations.  I can't imagine how bad it is in a poorly lit bar.  It doesn't have a zoom because it's a super shitty camera.  Why did they let her on stage?  Any nutjob who brings an iPad to a bar and hasn't come straight from work or isn't using it to run the DJ booth is an asshole.  I wish I was there with my candy bar so I could deliver a beat down.

I called out one of those candy bar kids on the train the other day.  He had a beaten up box with some candy in it and asked me if I wanted some so he "could get uniforms for his baseball team."  I asked him what position he played.  He said, "Shortstop."  I asked him how long he had been playing baseball.  He said, "Five years."  I asked him what he's supposed to do when he's hit a ground ball with runners on first and third and one out.  He said, "Throw it to first."  I said, "You're lying.  You don't play shortstop."  He asked me if I still wanted to buy a candy bar and I just laughed.  I'm pretty sure the lady next to me muttered, "Asshole" under her breath.  She was 100% correct.  I mean, everyone knows there's no soliciting on the CTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment