Thursday, July 28, 2011

California Gleemin'

I actually did wash my sports bra.  Though I have since sullied it with a Turbo Kick workout yesterday afternoon.  You are indeed a little fanatic about my bra.  In fact, I'd say you're kind of a Brazi.

Howie and Tracy are well.  They have a very nice apartment, and seem to know everything about LA.  Tracy drove us all over the place, and was, as you'd imagine, the kindest, smartest, and chipperest tour guide a person could ask for.  Howie, as you know, is a writer's assistant on Community, so he drove us all around the Paramount lot on a golf cart, which is pretty much one of my life-dreams.   We saw the gal that plays Brita on the show, and LL Cool J, who was getting in his trailer on the NCIS lot.  My favorite interaction was with Ryan Murphy, who is the creator of Glee.  A couple days earlier, Howie had been walking with a precarious stack of pizzas and Ryan Murphy said, "Oh, Honey, do you need help?"  So, when we were there, the following scene happened: 

Setting:  Paramount Movie Lot.  HOWIE and TRACY are sitting in the front of the golf cart, TRISTAN and CHRIS are on the back, facing the opposite direction.

HOWIE:  (yelling back to T and C) So, here's where I saw Ryan Murphy the other day.
RYAN MURPHY comes around a corner and stops when he hears his name.
TRISTAN: Yes.  I see him. 
HOWIE: (still driving away from him) No, no, the other day.  When I saw him with the pizzas.
RYAN MURPHY stares at TRISTAN in confusion.
TRISTAN: He is also here now. 
HOWIE: Wait, what?  Where?
TRACY:  Is that really him?
TRISTAN: He is looking at me.  He is wearing a pink shirt.  I see him. 
RYAN MURPHY continues to stare (from further away now) at TRISTAN.
HOWIE turns a corner and RYAN MURPHY disappears.
CHRIS: Who the Hell is Ryan Murphy?

SCENE.

I don't know much at all about this beauty pageant thing, except that it is kaput.  What was it?  She was doing a documentary about entering a pageant?  Either way, I guess the people decided that she's not allowed to film anymore.  She's good, though.  Still crazy, wonderful Laurianne.  Also, her new apartment has a big pool, and a weird babbling brook that starts at the entryway, and goes all the way through the courtyard.  Also, a hummingbird named Stillman that sleeps on a tree next to her porch. 

After LA, my Aunts and Mom came to pick us up and take us to Orange County for wedding stuff.  On Friday, Chris and I went to Disneyland.  He's never been there, so it was quite an experience for him.  My assessment is that he did not LOVE it, but he really liked most of it, and appreciated that each of the rides are an experience, rather than just another attempt to make you throw up or lose your personal items. 

Pink is in the all reds mix of Starbursts.  Pink is the BEST!  Totally my favorite. 

What is your definition of salad?  Are pasta, egg, and potato salads salad?  Does salad need to include leafy greens?  I always just think of it of anything that's chopped up and mixed in a bowl.  When I was on my term abroad in Bath, England, there was this great sandwich shop, and they'd ask you what you wanted and then say, "Salad?"  This meant, "Would you like lettuce and tomato on your sandwich?"  Brits are so weird.

Who edited this bug book?  It sounds insane!  How are babies supposed to learn anything if you label things the same, but talk about different aspects of it?  Yeah - good thing babies are too dumb to learn stuff like that.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz....  Must...stay awake...through...boring...bottom teeth story...

Did you seriously say that to the honey lady about dispensing it through the spout?  You're such a dick!  I love it!

Chris and I move into the new place this weekend.  I can't wait!  We even picked out paint colors.  I've never painted an apartment before, and I will tell you; it makes me feel VERY grown up.  I can't imagine what would happen if I had to choose cabinet doors or countertops or something.  I'd probably start mixing my own martinis and smoking cigarettes through a long holder. 

I think it should be noted that in my July 13th post, I mentioned that I had been without any technology since Chris unhooked the TV and stuff before leaving for NYC.  Turns out, that on the day after he came back, he got bored and unpacked it and plugged it all in again.  So...

No comments:

Post a Comment