Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Whiter Teeth, Browner Skin.

Sorry about the tardy post.  I've been in California for the last week for my cousin's wedding, and some general friend and family visiting.  I never logged on to a computer the whole time.  Wait - that's a lie - I spent a few minutes on the computer while talking my mom through how to pick me up at Tracy's house.  That's right!  Chris and I stayed with Tracy and Howie for the first couple nights! And one night, we hung out with Laurianne Garbage Can, so that was super-awesome too. 

It was a great trip, though super-exhausting.  Moreso, I'm sure, for Chris, who met most of my family on my mom's side all at once, as well as our beloved pH alumni.  Thank goodness it was warm and lovely there instead of the muggy suck-hot it was when we left Chicago.  I still got a little bit of a sunburn though.

I don't know if I've ever had Gardetto's.  I probably have.  I don't know.  I've never been much of a snack mix kind of girl.  I like to have all of one thing, generally.  So maybe I should just head straight for the rye chips.  I should have mentioned that Starburst has indeed created an "all reds" mix.  Though, to do that, they added two more flavors of reds, which aren't quite as good as the original ones.  But, still much better than orange and yellow. 

Yeah, I am okay with the concept of the Edible Arrangements, I suppose.  The price is just insane, though.  Also, I have a particular hatred for all melons.  This makes fruit salad a challenge, generally, as they usually consist of approximately 50% cantaloupe, 40% honeydo, the rest of the 10% is a couple purple grapes, a slice of strawberry, and a little trapezoid or two of pineapple.  Though, in LA, I had a fruit salad that had mangoes and blackberries and all sorts of lovely business that you just don't see in the Midwest.

What was this "book" about?  I mean, obviously it wasn't about anything if "worm" took up a whole page, but do you know what was going on in the book?  Was it just listing slimy animals?  Things you find in dirt?  I am very intrigued.  They need to hire Dee to flesh some of these stories out.

I got my teeth laser-whitened today.  I can't tell how well it worked.  It looks about the same to me, but the dentist lady compared my before and after colors to one of those finger-harps of teeth they have, and apparently I made quite a bit of progress.  I guess that's good though.  I wouldn't want people to see me and go, "Whoa!  Did you get your teeth whitened?"  Instead, I will tell them on the internet.  Take THAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment