Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dump Buckets

It seems I completely mis-imagined how this whole Peter Pan thing went down.  I was imagining something more like a circus tent or Honda car sale tent.  The Peter Pan tent looks very high-end and structurally sound.  Was it air conditioned?  It seems like it would have been air conditioned.

I still have no idea what "Even Michael, the youngest Darling child" means.  Am I missing a major portion of pop-culture knowledge by not really knowing (or remembering) the Peter Pan story?  All I really know is that he's some kind of flying leprechaun that battles pirates and sleeps with fairies.

The flying in front of the big screen looks pretty cool.

I feel like you've had a much broader experience with portable toilet products.  I'm only aware of Port-a-Potties and Port-a-Johns.  It could be that I just assume that every portable toilet I use is a Port-a-Potty.  Maybe I have entered a Drop Zone or Lepre-can.  I know I've used portable toilets outside of Notre Dame Stadium and it seems like they would have some kind of exclusive contract with Lepre-can.  I bet I've used one of those.

Thank god we didn't talk to each other at all last night.  We might have enjoyed each other's company.

I was able to confirm that the bank teller was hitting on me.  I saw her outside the bank on my way back from lunch and she stopped to talk with me.  Eventually, she asked me if I was going to ask her out.  I told her that I had a date with my wife on Thursday, but I'm free after that.  I don't think she knew I was joking.  About being free, not having a wife.

At your alphabetic beer-tasting, I would have been drunk by "D" or whatever equals one beer.  I'm a complete lightweight now.  Even when I only have one beer, I feel slightly crappy in the morning.  I suppose that's different than being a lightweight, but it's lame just the same.  The sad part is that I really enjoy beer.  I bet they have to have the dump buckets there for legal reasons.  Who are the assholes that use the dump buckets?  Assholes, that's who.

Do you know what makes me angry?  Men's summer clothing options.  We can't dress comfortably without looking like overgrown children.  Plus, summertime footwear is a lose-lose situation.  If you wear sneakers with shorts, you look like you have on giant clown shoes.  If you wear sandals, you look like you raided your wife's closet.  If you wear flip flops, you might as well not wear any shoes at all.  I'm ready for the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment