Wednesday, June 29, 2011

MUMMYBUG

It was air-conditioned.  Very comfortable.  The seats were pretty nice too.  I think your Peter Pan knowledge, while lacking, is sufficient.  Peter Pan comes to the home of the Darling family, and the children go with him on an adventure to Neverland.  Michael is the youngest Darling child.  The book is excellent.  I recommend that you share it with your daughter when she's old enough to enjoy such things.

I haven't been in many portable toilets, but I always notice the names.  I mostly just see them when I walk by construction sites. 

Speaking of a weird little structure that has stupid stuff written on it, have you ever noticed the incredibly high percentage of VW bugs that have vanity plates?  It is ridiculous.  My theory on that is that people who own Bugs (Beetles?  Are they the same?) have them because they are desperately trying to show their originality to the world by buying the same car as the all the other "one-of-a-kind" folks.  And then they have to personalize it even further with vanity plates.  I would go so far as to guess that 70% of VW Beetles have vanity plates.  And about 50% of those have the word "bug" in the plate.  ie, "KATIEBUG" or "BUGABOO" or "IBUGTHESHITOUTOFPEOPLEWITHMYSTUPIDASSCAR."

I was thinking this morning about how we never talked at the party last night.  I don't think we even got within 20 feet of each other.

Good eye on the bank teller vixen!  Wait, was she cute?  I mean, for a hussy?

I guess the dump buckets are mostly for if you don't care for one of the beers.  I don't really care for super-dark beers, and dumped part of a couple of them.  I almost screamed seeing the lady at the next table dump almost her whole glass of Lagunitas IPA.  I looked beyond that, though, when we became friends later.  Lagunitas is a great brewery.  I really like their stuff.

I feel like men's summerwear is something you've struggled with for years.  I don't mind sneakers with shorts on dudes.  I do mind sandals.  You're right - they always look so feminine.  Remember when those sandals were really popular that look like Italian peasant children would wear them?  Blech.

There's always one shoe trend that drives me crazy.  Right now, it's Toms.  WHY ARE THESE POPULAR?  Yes, it is neat that they give a pair of shoes to poor kids.  Your soul may be beautiful from buying these shoes, but your feet look like crap.  Apparently, they are quite comfortable.  I don't care.  I don't want my feet to look like the mummified remains of Regatta competitors.  I just don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment