Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Z is for zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I am indeed not surprised that you're unfamiliar with PP360.  I was going to answer your questions in outline form, but the answer is pretty much the same:

Yeah - it was in a  big tent.  It was fine.  Everything was fine.

Fine - here are some more in-depth answers. 

IA.  It was in the city.  In fact, Cassie and I walked there from my apartment.   It was at Chicago and Halsted in a big parking lot.  I'm not sure what's usually there.  Cars, I'm guessing. 

IB.  They were projection screens, so it was really just the side of the tent. 

II.  Grown ups, every one.  Even Michael, the youngest Darling child.

The tent was very well-scaffolded.  It's not like we were all huddled in an L.L. Bean 4-sleeper.

Here's a link to a video advertising it when it was in San Francisco.  You can see the tent and some of the flying.  Peter Pan 360  It's really long, but the first two and a half minutes is plenty to get a feel for it.

IV.  No blue liquid for the port-a-potties.  There was running water.  It was more like an airplane toilet with the little flap that covers up the festering waste-hole that only opens when you flush.  Is that water blue?  It is, isn't it?  This water was clear.  I think that port-a-potty/barber comb water is also used in mini-golf courses. 

Speaking of port-a-potties, why is it acceptable, nay, mandatory for them to have creepy turd pun names?  I can't think of many right now, but Drop Zone and Lepre-can come to mind.  Oui Oui is a pretty popular one...  If I had one, I'd name it Filthy Stinky Shit Box.

We'll have to make sure that when we see each other, we talk about very personal things or make fun of our friends.  Stuff that is no good for blogs.  Or, great for blogs, but no good for us.

I don't know that waving and shouting "Good Morning" constitutes a bank teller hitting on you.  I think it depends on the tone of voice.  You are a good-looking chap though.  In your case, it's probably safe to assume that people are hitting on you.

I forgot to mention that I went to this beer-tasting event on Saturday.  It was an A-Z tasting, with one craft brew per letter.  They asked Chris to be the "expert" that leads the tasting and tells people what tastes/smells/sensations to look for, so I came along for support.  And free beer.  I was pretty drunk by "J."  This was weird because I was sitting alone, as he was up front at the microphone.  I made friends with the couple at the next table around "Q."  26 beers in two hours is a lot.  I mean, they were all tasters.  Probably three ounces or so each.  There were dump buckets, but come on.  Like I'm going to throw away beer? 

1 comment:

  1. I remember in high school we did a shot (1.5oz) of beer every minute for 100 minutes. I am pretty sure we had a couple of guys puking. Please let me never get into a drinking contest with Tristan!

    ReplyDelete