Thursday, June 23, 2011

Leave Womb Now

It's weird that babies poop so much.  Why is that?  Is it their diet?  Is it that they have short little intestines?  Or is it just that they haven't learned not to poop yet, so they never store any?

Do C-Section scars go up and down or across?  I was thinking that since I have such a big scar on my back, if I ever get a C-Section, and the scar is vertical, it'll look like a got sliced in half by a ninja.  Or a buzz saw.  Or a lumberninja.

Now I seem to just be asking you for actual facts about childbirth, versus your experience.  I could just look these things up.  But I shan't.

Yesterday on the way home from work, I saw a guy with a little stack of paper held together with binder clips.  We was holding it up like a sign.  I was behind him, so I only saw the back, which read in very neat Sharpie, "Leave Afghanistan Now."  When I got around to the front, his sign said, "Leave Libya Now."  This brought up many thinking points for me:

1) Does every piece of paper in his stack instruct people to leave somewhere now?
2) I cannot leave Libya, as I am not there.  Sorry, man.
3) At whom is this aimed?  He's standing next to the blue line stop.  Presumably most lawmakers are not talking the subway to Wicker Park.
4) I do not mean to imply that this dude is crazy or stupid or anything.  Yeah - war sucks.  I just wonder what his deal is.  Does he get off work in the afternoon and think, "Time to do my REAL work"? Does he feel like he's helping?  Does he find it rewarding? 

It's sad that you're not reviewing The Bachelorette this season.  It is way more hilarious and sad than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment