Monday, August 29, 2011

Baby Beers

So, were you full for long enough after your quinoa burrito at Protein Bar?  I've always had the bowls, which are quite filling, I think.  I had my first smoothie there the other day, and it was really good, though not as delicious as the ones from Jamba Juice.  I'm imagining, though, that it's because they're better for you.  Though, I do get the light smoothies at JJ - not the ones with sherbet in them.   

You're right about Clayton in the bit-threads.  He nails it.  He nailed the Dan/Martha roast too, even though he wasn't even there.  Dick.

I never drank before college either.  I still went to some of the parties, though. I mostly just fed people bread and gave them water and then drove them home. 

I know you love Twitter.  This is why I got more glee in denouncing it that I normally would.  I don't really hate it.  It just doesn't interest me.  At all.  I don't mind it being there.  People can chatter as much as they like. 

Chris and I went to the Midwest Brewer's Festival on Saturday.  It was awesome, because there were around 50 breweries there, giving out tasting portions of their beer.  Note: It wasn't just willy-nilly.  Admission was $40, and then you got 25 tickets to redeem for beer.  I would have relished this way more if I hadn't had to a) drive us home, since it was in Plainfield, and b) do a gig that night.  So, I ended up having about 9 little beerlettes, and then giving my tickets away to some strangers in the food tent.  I am totally one of those "I've got to get what I paid for" kind of people.  I always get wasted at those open bar parties where you pay $20 or $30 to get in.  I WILL NOT BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF!  So, it was quite an exercise in self-restraint to spend $40 for the equivalent of about 2 1/2 beers, let me tell you. 

The gig later on was a birthday party for a lady in her 60's in Skokie.  It was in the Beer Garden of some Irish bar.  No stage or anything.  The show was fine, though.  The people/birthday girl really seemed to enjoy it.  And I was struck with the injustice of doing awkward, mediocre improv and getting paid handsomely for it, while at our normal pH shows, we do some really brilliant work a lot of the time, and make no money, and hardly anyone sees it.  Buh.

No comments:

Post a Comment