Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Jamba Bombs

My quinoa burrito was quite filling.  It held me over until my regular late afternoon almond snack.  That's right.  I have almonds in my desk.  I keep my nuts in my drawers.

I don't even pretend that I'm doing something healthy when I go to Jamba Juice.  Those things are calorie bombs, but boy are they delicious.  On the plus side, they don't make you feel all heavy and weird like so many other "treats."

Clayton is brilliant and he makes it seem so effortless.  I have to work for my brilliance.  His just comes naturally.  I enjoy when he grows a mustache.  His is the only mustache in the world that can bring me joy.

I said Twitter is awesome.  Stop pooping on the one social media site I truly love.  Actually, I totally get why some people wouldn't love Twitter.  I only like it because it's the perfect social media for lazy people.  I can just post and whoever wants to follow me can follow me.  I don't have to approve them, I don't have to worry about their birthdays and I don't have to follow them back.  You don't have to worry about privacy settings, either.  Their privacy is simply, "Don't be stupid enough to post something you don't want the whole world to potentially see."

The Midwest Brewer's Festival sounds awesome.  Do you have to be a brewer to go?  Could I have hitched a ride and drank a bunch of awesome beer for $40 and gotten completely wasted and puked in the back of what I assume is Chris' car and then shouted obscenities at the Mayor once we got back to your place?  I would have loved to do that.  Or even just the first two parts of that.

Paid gigs are weird.  Festivals, too.  I'm always terrible in both.  I don't know exactly why but I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm performing in a strange place and it takes me a while to get comfortable in strange places.  A while in this case equals three weeks.  I never have that kind of time for these gigs.  Anyway, I'm old and the improv inside of me is dying so I won't have to worry about that for much longer.

Speaking of being uncomfortable, have I mentioned that I hate performing in pHlip Cup?  Ugh, it's awful.  However, I highly recommend anyone reading to go see pHlip Cup because it is a fun show to watch and you get to play Flip Cup after.

On Saturday, Dee and I went to visit some of her high school friends.  When they saw Scarlett they all said, "She looks just like Dee."  That's fine.  I think she looks like Dee in some ways but not "just like" Dee.  At this point she's old enough that I think she looks more like Scarlett than either me or Dee.


No comments:

Post a Comment