Monday, August 1, 2011

On Squirting

Oh, good.  My solution to the snot-bulb conundrum was, "Babies don't know what's good for them.  Just do it."  When I read the boob-squirtz recommendations, I thought, "Oh no!  Does this mean I'm going to be a terrible mother one day?"  I guess now we know that I probably will, but for some other reason.

I feel like it would be hard to resist squirting breast milk at things/people.  I wonder if that means if I were a boy, I'd just be trying not to pee at people all the time. 

Yeah, Chris had never been to a Disney park.  I think his family vacations were more about staying on a beach in Delaware.  I've never been to the Grand Canyon.  I would like to do that.  When I was little, I desperately wanted to go to Mount Rushmore.  I have no idea why - I'm sure it's terribly boring as a final destination.  I've still never been - my parents always made us go to Florida and stuff instead.  (Thank goodness....)

After having seen the apartment again, I think we will be okay without painting - we have lots of art, and the architecture of the apartment is pretty interesting, so it will still be lovely and colorful and dynamic.  We are all moved in now, though not all unpacked.  Chris, being a teacher, is home now taking care of a bunch of things, but I'm hoping to get the rest of my boxes taken care of tonight.  (I always make Chris' name possessive with just an apostrophe.  I've looked it up, and either way is acceptable, I believe.)

It's funny - I thought Chris and I would have so much fun unpacking our stuff and setting up the new place, but it's really been kind of stressful.  I mean, we haven't been fighting or anything, but it's been tense.  I think the main problem lies in our unpacking style differences.  I like to unpack everything slowly and get it in exactly the right place so that everything is perfect.  Chris is more from the school of "Let's just get this shit unpacked and in pretty much the right place and perfect it later."  With my way, I think you're doing less work in the long run, but with Chris', your house is serviceable faster. I'm not saying one way is better than the other, it's just a challenge when you have one student of each practice trying to work together. 

This morning I had my first commute from the new place, and I was pretty pleased with the change.  It is, unfortunately, about twice as long as it was at Chris' house, but this one is much nicer.  That was the Division Blue Line stop, which I HATED.  The Blue Line is always gross and packed to the gills and full of sleeping bums.  Now I have the Brown Line again, which is how rich-ish people get to and from work. 

My grandfather used to drive the fez around at the Shriner's Circus and parades.  So...

When do I get to meet this kid of yours?  Do you have an upcoming open house or anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment