Thursday, August 11, 2011

Egg Baby

What happens between plays at Notre Dame games?  Does everyone drink egg creams?  Talk about Communism?  Applique poodles on to their skirts?

I have sent you an invitation via Google Calendar for us to discuss you giving Scarlett a plastic bag when she turns 13.  Is May 18th, 2024 correct?  I felt like I was time travelling when I scrolled so far forward in my calendar.

Fine.  I will try Five Guys. If only our blog was super-popular, maybe they would send me some in a big box with a bow.  I wish your argument had diagrams. Maybe I won't try Five Guys after all, just to spite you for being so morbid and lazy.

Why did you take Iowa Basics if you grew up in Indiana?  Is this some sort of Midwestern standardized test?  I like that you were able to drop eggs off of buildings without breaking them, but when I had to have an "egg baby" to simulate motherhood in Middle School for Health class, I broke mine three times.  The teacher said she would know if we broke them (and were therefore destined to be bad parents) because they were "special eggs."  They were Eggland's Best, which have a little stamp on the bottom of each egg.  When my first one broke, I promptly marched to the store and bought a carton.  I just kept replacing my egg baby (named Steven) until the project was over.  I even gave a couple to friends who broke theirs. 

The teacher that taught that class also pronounced pubic hair, "poobic hair," so I don't feel particularly clever or gratified in foiling her.

We have HD now, and I find that I'm never like, "Ooh!  So crisp!" when I watch it, BUT, I think, "This looks like shit" when I see normal def. stuff.  It has ruined me.

My thumb is still healing.  Ugh.  The cut was just so wide, it wouldn't shut.  It was like a ravine.  We're almost there, though, thanks to some butterfly bandage thingies.

I had a work conference on Monday and Tuesday at one of those hotel/conference center places that pretty much do only that.  There aren't, like, people who are just staying there for fun.  Everyone's there on business.  Work conferences are exhausting.  Even when you're not technically working, you're still hanging out with a million co-workers from around the country (well, really just the Midwest for me) who you don't know very well.  And they always want to talk about work.  And you have to be "on" the whole time. 

There is, however, tons of free food.  They have snack kiosks outside of all the conference rooms, laden with cookies and fruit and soda and chips and stuff.  It's awesome.  But I always gain weight at those things because all I do is sit around, and then eat stuff to try to keep myself awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment