Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wackula

I can't wait until quinoa becomes more popular.  It makes no sense that most people have never heard of it.  It's delicious, and it's insanely good for you.  Get on it, America.  Quinoa. 

Yeah - barf is worse than poop.  You're right.  I'm kind of a sympathetic barfer.  I always gag when I'm near puke, or if I hear it.  Seeing poop doesn't make me need to dump.  Thank goodness, because people aren't always great about picking up after their dogs.

I haven't made any unique observations yet about Rahm - I've only seen him the one time so far.  But, he's only lived there for a week.  I can't imagine that I won't see him more.  Especially if, as the Trib reports, he keeps taking the brown line to work.  I like living across from him.  There is always an undercover cop car in front of his house.  I mean, I think it's undercover.  It's pretty obviously a cop car, but there's not a light and lettering and stuff.  Either way.  It's very reassuring that when you're walking home at night, you're probably pretty safe getting home.   

Maybe I should remodel my Gmail use as well.  It sounds appealing to know that the e-mails that you see are the ones you have to deal with, instead of half of them being from Yelp or The Gap or Zambian Princes or whatever. 

Yesterday I had to go to the eye doctor to get my pupils dilated.  Have you ever had this done?  I guess it's pretty routine, but people don't get around to it often because it's a huge pain in the ass.  The actual procedure is fine - they just give you drops and then you sit around while your pupils get huge.  Then they just peek into your eye for a minute while you look around.  Afterward, though, you can't read anything, and you're super-sensitive to light.  Basically, you turn into an illiterate vampire.  Which, probably, most vampires are, unless they were home-schooled.  As if vampires weren't freaky enough - imagine a home-schooled one.

No comments:

Post a Comment